When it comes to dental tourism destination, many people think about places like Thailand, Mexico, Panama, Hungary and so on. However, in recent years, dental hospitals and clinics in Vietnam have also attracted a lot of patients from developed nations. Due to the reasonable expense, seeking dental treatment in this Southeast Asia nation is a sound idea for people with a tight wallet. In the case you are having oral issues and intend to pay a visit to Vietnam, this article is for you. Down below, you will be provided with interesting information about dental tourism in Southeast Asia along with a step by step guide to dental tourism in Vietnam.
In this topic we will show you Dental Tourism In Southeast Asia and Vietnam: A Comprehensive Analysis
- Overview Of Southeast Asia Dental Tourism
- Top 3 Southeast Asia Dental Tourism Destinations
- Dental Tourism In Vietnam
1.Overview Of Southeast Asia Dental Tourism
The expensive prices of dental operations in developed countries have driven people to look for dental care elsewhere. Over the last decade, Southeast Asia countries have taken many measures to strengthen their dental service in term of infrastructures, equipment and dentists/staffs. Thanks to these efforts, several members of ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) are able to earn their fair share of the dental tourism market. Capable of offering affordable treatments along with a chance to visit exotic locations, the region is considered to be an ideal destination for dental tourism.
2.Top 3 Southeast Asia Dental Tourism Destinations
One of the most reputable dental tourism destinations in the world, Thailand offers high quality and affordable dental treatment. Medical tourists, in general, tend to select Thailand as their preferred destination when it comes to orthopedics, ophthalmology, surgery, cardiac and in particular, dental treatment. Leading dental hospitals and clinics in the country include Bangkok International Dental Center, Dental Center of Thailand and Dr.Sunil Dental Clinic. In term of tourist attractions, there are many to choose from such as The Grand Palace, Railay Beach, Phi Phi Islands, Phang Nga Bay, …
With a world-class healthcare system along with competitive treatment costs, Malaysia provides excellent dental care at an acceptable price. Most dental tourists come from ASEAN but there are many patients from Central Asia Europe as well. Strategic public-private partnerships have been set up to facilitate easier access to Malaysia hospitals and clinics for foreign patients. Malaysia is also not short of exotic locations, you could visit places like Taman Negara, Cameron Highlands, Gunung Mulu National Park and many more while you stay in the country.
Possessing top of the line facilities and highly trained employees, Singapore dental service is able to please pretty much everyone. Beside dental operations, medical tourists visit the country for a wide range of treatment, some of which include pediatrics, oncology, cardiology, organ transplants, etc. Hospitals and clinics in the country are continuously modernizing their infrastructure to better match the patient demands. Institutions embrace new technologies as soon as they are available which considerably enhance the country medical capability. While Singapore is not a big country, there are many tourist attractions around such as Marina Bay, Changi Chapel and Museum, Sentosa Island, Pulau Ubin and so on.
3.Dental Tourism In Vietnam
Why you should choose Vietnam as your destination
If you want to deal with your dental problems while taking a holiday at the same time, a trip to Vietnam could satisfy both objectives. In the case you want to know why you should pick Vietnam over other well known dental tourism destinations, here are a couple of reasons. Check them out and you would know why Vietnam is a nice dental tourism destination in the region.
- Low Cost and High Quality: Dental expenses in Vietnam are 25% cheaper than other Asian countries and much lower than Western nations. There are many dental clinics in both private and international sector that match first world standards. As a result, high-quality dental care is available at an affordable cost. For examples, an implant operation involves Zirconia crowns in Australia could cost you $7,800. In Vietnam, you only have to pay $1,950 for the same procedure.
- Less Waiting Time: You don’t have to wait for weeks or months just to have someone take care of your oral problem. In other countries, it’s hard to make an appointment right away and the waiting time if often inconsistent. In Vietnam, you could make an appointment rather easy and the service time is excellent. Most dental operations should be finished in a couple of hours and never exceed 2 weeks if you require complicated procedures.
- Amazing Tourist Attractions: Well known due to its history of warfare, Vietnam nonetheless possesses other things that many foreign tourists come to like: Its beautiful landscapes and exotic sights. Across the country, there are lots of places which you could visit and enjoy Vietnam beauties.
A detailed comparison between Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City
Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City are two major urban centers of Vietnam and many dental clinics and hospitals are concentrated around them. So which one performs better when it comes to dental tourism? Take a look at the comparison below and decide for yourself.
- In term of price: In general, the dental expense in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City are comparable with each other. However, for certain operation, Hanoi has a higher average cost than its Southern cousin. For example, a root canal, post and crown procedure in Hanoi has an average cost of $700. The same operation in Ho Chi Minh City has an average cost of 280$
- In term of material: Dentists in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City all use materials imported from reputable manufacturers so you have nothing to worry about. Some people think that the low price offer by Vietnam clinics would lead to the use of low-quality materials. This is incorrect, the low price come from the low overhead, not the reduction in material quality.
- In term of safety: Vietnam is generally stable so there is no significant threat to medical tourism. You don’t have to make substantial preparation before you travel to either Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City.
- In term of communication: Clinics Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City often have English speaking staff on standby so you should have no trouble conveying your demand.
- In term of opening time: Vietnamese dentist work around the year except for major holidays. The climate of Ho Chi Minh City is usually tropical with little temperature variation throughout the year. On the other hand, Hanoi climate is a bit cold, especially in certain months of the year. Technically speaking, you would not be troubled a lot by the weather when you visit Vietnam, dress properly and you that should be enough.